Wednesday 23 December 2009

Why start a blog?

Being something of a technophobe I am surprising no-one more than myself. Recently my wife suggested that it might be a good thing for me to do. I have said things more than once at church to our young people and others about using the internet , Facebook etc., carefully and Christianly. Perhaps, therefore, I should put my money where my mouth is.

So after chatting with friends and one or two enquiries I am launching into the (for me) uncharted waters of blogging.

For myself I hope it will be a good discipline which may at the same time be of use to others. I read a lot; writing is probably the best way of turning raw grain into bread; or, at least, flour.

But what will I say? Will I avoid the well -publicised dangers of narcissism? Will I waste valuable time? Will I become addicted? Will it - O, worst fate of all - be superfluous?

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment